With the World Expo 2010 in Shanghai, China this year, the one thing every attendee should know is a little Shanghai dialect. Nothing big, just the key phrases, and the most polite phrases, like "thanks" and "you're welcome." Politeness always wins the best of them, even in foreign countries.
So, if you plan on making your way to the Expo from May to October, make sure you know how to respect the local population. Be polite. Check out these two common phrases in the Shanghai language.
Follow Miss Huang's Shanghai Dialect Classroom. Let's say it in Shanghai!
Learn how to say:
* Thank you (szah szah nòng)
* You are welcome (vuh yóh szah)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades